I am so so so excited that I have finally received my first, much waited for BIRCHBOX!! I should have taken a pic of me when I swooped it up from the mailbox jumping up and down with excitement. As much as I looove shopping for clothes, shoes, bags, accessories etc I am such a sucker for beauty products. I love everything from skincare to makeup to nail polish. If you haven’t heard of Birchbox it’s a $10 monthly subscription. They send 5-7 sample sizes of new and different beauty products.
This month’s theme is Jet Set. A go-to number of travel items that are perfect for that Summer vacation you have planned!
1) Tili Bag-Essentially a thicker, nicer plastic zip bag. Perfect for traveling through airports and in the need for an on the go cosmetic holder.
2) Georgie Beauty Winks-Everyone has tried fake eyelashes before, but the best thing about this product is that it is a reusable lash. These lashes can be used up to 7 times! These particular Georgies were inspired by the original eye-batting women of the 50′s.
3) The Balm by Stainiac- This is a two-in-one lip and cheek stain. I have girlfriends who rave about this sort of product, but I just haven’t been swoon over yet. This was the first thing I tried when I opened the box. In my experience normally when something is a two-in-one you typically don’t like one of them. I initially put it on my lips and looooved the color. I am still getting used to putting a liquid on my cheeks for blush, but the coloring is really pretty. I noticed while looking up the link for this post Birchbox is really good about video tutorials on how to put on or wear the different products.
4) Hair Rules Lift Volumizing Shampoo- I haven’t tried this one and I don’t think I will until I travel next. This salon is NYC based and specializes in their products being versatile towards all hair types. It is SULFATE free, which is HUGE. I don’t know if any of you have made the switch, but sulfate free shampoo is really the only way to go.
5) LA FRESH oil free face cleanser- I love facial cleanser wipes for traveling. I always have the problem with an item or two exploding in my cosmetic bag and this is an excellent way to avoid this.
Well there you have it…I hope that you are all having a great week. And if you haven’t already definitely checked out Birchbox do so and tell me what you think!!